Hey everyone, I feel like I have been slacking with my meal preparation. When I was working Monday to Friday I found it really easy to stick to a healthy meal prep routine. I was getting up and going to sleep at the same time every day and was eating at regular intervals. Since I’ve been back at school my schedule is less routine and I’ve found it hard to stick to my healthy recipes I’m used to eating.
I decided to search my brain for healthy meal prep ideas and recipes and went back to the basics for this recipe. This is a quick meal that is great for meal prep throughout the week. The meal can easily be increased to make more meals for the whole week but I decided to keep it simple and only make two meals.
- 1 Chicken breast
- 1 Onion
- 3-4 Black Kale leaves
- 2 Zucchinis
- 3-4 Carrots
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius)
- Peel and chop 3-4 carrots, I cut them vertically into discs
- Roughly chop 1 onion – leave it as chunky or fine as you are comfortable with.
- Chop the zucchinis – I cut the zucchini in half horizontally and then cut the zucchini into half discs
- Rinse the kale and tear the leaves off the stem – ensure to not include the stem as it has a bitter taste
- Lightly oil your oven safe pan – lay vegetables on the pan evenly, and place the chicken on the pan. Season all of the vegetables and the chicken with about 2 tbsps. of pepper and seasoning salt.
- Place in oven for 35 minutes or until the chicken and vegetables are fully cooked
Ingredient Shopping list
I kept it simple this week – as I felt last week I had a lot of ingredients and instructions. I think this meal will appeal to people who are more “set it and forget it” chefs.
Feel free to pin this recipe to your Pinterest boards.
Check out my Instagram video of me making this meal.
And as always, please leave me a comment on how your meals turned out or any variation suggestions 🙂