Big news!! My brother got married this past weekend and I could not be happier! Weddings are a time to bring two people together but with those two people, they bring a lot of friends! I was challenged this week to prepare desserts for the wedding rehearsal dinner, that would accommodate many different diets. So I create these vegan and gluten-free chocolate chip cookies. Everyone loves chocolate chip cookies so I thought it was a safe bet and a great way to make everyone feel included and let them know we considered their dietary needs when planning the party’s food.
I am so happy the “I do”s went off without a hitch – but I am personally happy my cookies were such a success.
- 2 ¼ Almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2/3 granulated sugar
- 2 bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup dairy free dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (or 190 degrees C)
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and 1 teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
- Beat the coconut oil and both sugars on medium-high speed in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or in a large bowl if using a handheld mixer) until light and fluffy. Add the bananas, one at a time, beating after each addition to incorporate. Beat in the vanilla. Scrape down the side of the bowl as needed. Reduce the speed to medium, add the almond flour mixture and beat until just incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Let the dough cool for 1 hour in the fridge or up to 3 days
- Scoop 12 heaping tablespoons of dough about 1 inch apart onto each prepared baking sheet. Bake, for 8-10 minutes (the longer the cook time, the crunchier the cookies). Let cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet, and then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Ingredient Shopping List
- Almond Flour
- Baking Soda
- Coconut Oil
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
Check out my Instagram video of me making the cookies!
Please comment any ingredient ideas or healthy alternatives! I am always trying to improve my recipes and create healthier options. I would love to know where you guys shop for your vegan ingredients!
Feel free to share or pin this recipe with friends and family through the links below!